Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust traces its origin to the tiny village of Oaks, Pennsylvania in the year 1911. A group of gentlemen concerned about the inability of people to secure mortgages for the purchase of homes formed the Oaks Building & Loan Association. At that time the monthly meetings were held in various locations, including the homes of the individuals involved, as well as the Oaks Fire Company. The Building & Loan applied for and received a state charter, officially organizing in March of 1912. The Building & Loan accepted deposits from the general public and used those deposits to fund mortgages and they continued to operate in this manner through 1938.
As a result of its growing business, the Building & Loan sought to locate its first office building in the Borough of Phoenixville at 27 South Main Street. A decision was also made at that time to apply for a federal charter. In 1939, a charter was granted by the federal government and the name was changed from the Oaks Building & Loan to Phoenixville Federal Savings & Loan Association.
In 1953 the bank relocated its office to the current location at the corner of Main and Hall Streets, which boasted the first drive-thru banking window in the Phoenixville area. The bank’s first branch office was established in Royersford in 1975 with subsequent branches added in Collegeville in 1980, East Pikeland in 1988, and Limerick in 2007.
The bank’s services offered grew to include Trust & Wealth Management and Investment Brokerage, and as a result, the name was changed in 2003 to Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust. The Community Lending Center and Administrative Offices were established in 2005 at the renovated Mason Street School in Phoenixville.
This financially strong, mutually-owned financial institution is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities which they proudly serve.
- James S. Lorah, Chairman of the Board
- Richard A. Kunsch, Sr., CEO / Vice Chairman
- P. Douglas Darlington, President / COO
- John A. Carrozza, CPA, Executive Vice President / CFO
- Charles Benz, Senior Vice President / Branch Coordinator
- Edward J. Gallagher, Senior Vice President / Chief Lending Officer, NMLS ID#799000
- Allen R. Kramer, Senior Vice President / Manager Retail Lending, NMLS ID#493972
- Kurt A. Kunsch, Senior Vice President / Trust Managing Director
- Debora Micka, Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer, NMLS ID#422016
- Karla Rush, Senior Vice President / Compliance / Training Officer / Bank Secrecy Act Officer
- George A. Albany, III, Vice President / Special Assets Manager, NMLS ID#537506
- Carol Buckwalter, Vice President / Marketing Officer
- Cheryl Cress, Vice President / Information Technology Manager
- Steven T. Pratt, Vice President / Relationship Manager, NMLS ID#422033
- Karen Soffa, Vice President / Senior Portfolio Manager, NMLS ID#1146442
- Mark Campo, Assistant Vice President / Portfolio Manager, NMLS ID#1257718
- Janine Civitello, Assistant Vice President / Retail Lending, NMLS ID#500038
- Frank Rothenberger, Assistant Vice President / Credit Manager, NMLS ID#1477405
- Lorraine Lauritano, Secretary / Human Resources
- Karen Adamson, Treasurer / Assistant Secretary
- Jane Black, Assistant Treasurer / Royersford Office Manager
- Kathy Clark, Collegeville Office Manager
- Linda Donofrio, Assistant Treasurer / Limerick Office Manager
- Elizabeth Mastrangelo, Phoenixville Office Manager
- Marilyn Reich, Assistant Treasurer / Pikeland Office Manager
Board of Trustees
- James J. Clarke (consultant to the Board of Trustees)
- P. Douglas Darlington
- Richard A. Kunsch, Sr.
- Carl A. LaMastra
- James S. Lorah
- James G. Reading
- Robert M. Romain
- Randall R. Ruch
- Jay R. Schaeffer
Junior Credit Analyst
Entry level Commercial Credit Analyst to assist in the preparation of underwriting for various commercial loan types, analysis of existing or prospective clients’ tax returns or financial statements and annual reviews of existing relationships. The Bank will provide training in credit analysis of business financial statements, credit risk management, underwriting and other functions as appropriate. Must possess strong organizational, communication, and problem solving skills and be able to work within assigned deadlines both independently and in a team environment. Associates or BA Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent business or banking experience, a plus. Competitive salary & benefits. This is a full-time position, minimum 37.5 hours per week. Send cover letter / resume to Deb Micka, SVP/Chief Credit Officer.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OF PROTECTED VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES