Celebration of Giving Reception
Photo Credit: Keefer Photography
PHOENIXVILLE, PA Ė On January 24, 2017 we hosted our annual Celebration of Giving Reception where we recognized all of the groups with whom we have partnered over the past year. THANK YOU to the organizations, people and events that continue to make the our communities strong and vibrant. Read more about our tradition of giving back here: http://bit.ly/2j11H2q
Kurt Kunsch Recognized for Charitable Work
Kurt Kunsch, Trust Managing Director of Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust is this year's recipient of the Door Opener Award, to be presented by the Chester County Community Foundation on November 2. at West Chester University. Read More
Phoenix Federal Ranked 5th in Customer Service
Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust was ranked 5th in customer service among banks and credit unions in the Delaware Valley by Consumers' Checkbook magazine. Read more.
Phoenixville Federal CEO Honored for Life Service to the Borough
Richard Kunsch, CEO of Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust is this year's recipient of the Jordan Award, to be presented by the Chester County Community Foundation on November 3 at West Chester University. Read more.
- How to identify a scam
- How to report a scam
- How to protect yourself
Give the bounce to fake check scams
It's your lucky day! You just won a foreigh lottery! There's just one catch: this is a scam. The lottery angle is a trick to get you to wire money to someone you donít know. If you were to deposit their check and wire the money, you would soon learn that the check was a fake. The money you wired canít be retrieved, and youíre responsible for the checks you depositóeven though you donít know they are fake.
This is just one example of a counterfeit check scam that could leave you owing money. The Federal Trade Commission wants you to know that counterfeit check scams are on the rise. The scammers use high quality printers and scanners to make the checks look real. Some of the checks contain authentic-looking watermarks. These counterfeit checks are printed with the names and addresses of legitimate financial institutions. And even though the account and routing numbers listed on a counterfeit check may be real, the check still can be a fake.
These fakes range from cashierís checks and money orders to corporate and personal checks. Could you be a victim? Not if you recognize and report them.
Confused About FDIC Deposit Insurance?
The FDIC recognizes different types of ownership categories that qualify for insurance coverage. This video helps you to understand each type of qualifying account and how much coverage you can be eligible for.
Travel Plans? Read These Travel Tips Before You Go
No matter what time of year you travel, it is important to take a few precautions before you go. If you are traveling outside the US, or to California or Nevada in the US, you should call or stop in at your local branch office for your protection and continuous account access with your debit/check card. This will ensure that your foreign transactions are honored while you are away.
The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) have released a few tips that might be worth looking into to help you prepare and plan for your finances while on vacation.
Some of the tips include:
- Let Phoenixville Federal know when and where you will be traveling so that you avoid any potentials denials or fraud alerts when out-of-the-ordinary transactions are presented. this is crucial for international travel.
- Bring a list of emergency phone numbers. Be sure to get a number for your bank that you can call if you're out of the country.
- Check your available balances before you leave. Know the limits on how much cash you can withdraw or purchases you can make.
- Notify your credit card companies that you are traveling. You may want to increase you credit limit temporarily.
- Stop you mail and newspaper delivery so it does not pile up, alerting people that you are away.
Never email your personal or account information over an unsecured website.
Recommended Security Practices for Online Banking
- Use personal financial information and financial services passwords only in secure transactions
- Use strong passwords in all systems that require passwords
- Approach applications and links on all devices and delivery channels with caution
- Use computers and online banking, bill payment and shopping securely
- Use mobile phones, mobile banking and mobile payments securely
- Use social media securely
- Monitor credit accounts
On-Demand Video Presentations
FREE White papers
Complimentary White Papers are available through the Wealth Management Department covering the following topics:
Wealth Management Advice for Investors
Choosing the Right Trustee for Your Trust
How to Effectively Manage Sudden Wealth
Transferring Your Family Business
Please call 610-935-8304 to receive your copy or email email@example.com
- Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Internal Revenue Service
- Chester County
- Montgomery County
- Social Security
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging
- Community Lenders - Servicing Southeastern PA