We are a community bank committed to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. We empower our employees to provide an exceptional customer experience.
A Century of Community Caring
The history of Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust mirrors the evolution of a successful and vibrant community.
In 1911 a group of gentlemen concerned about the inability of people to secure mortgages for the purchase of homes formed the Oaks Building & Loan Association in Oaks, Pennsylvania. Building & Loan board meetings were held in various locations, including the homes of the individuals involved, as well as the Oaks Fire Company. In 1912, the Building & Loan applied for and received a state charter and began accepting deposits from the general public. The small bank used those deposits to fund mortgages through 1938.
In 1939, the Building & Loan opened its first office building in the Borough of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania at 27 South Main Street, not far from the current Phoenixville branch. That same year, a charter was granted by the federal government and the name was changed from the Oaks Building & Loan to Phoenixville Federal Savings & Loan Association.
In 1953 the bank relocated the Phoenixville office to the current location at the corner of Main and Hall Streets, which boasted the first drive-thru banking window in the area. The bank’s first branch office was established in Royersford in 1975 with subsequent branches added in Collegeville in 1980, Kimberton in 1988, and Limerick in 2007.
The bank’s services grew to include Trust & Wealth Management, and as a result, the name was changed in 2003 to Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust. The Community Lending Center and Administrative Offices were established in 2005 at the renovated Mason Street School in Phoenixville on Nutt Road.
Financially strong and mutually-owned, Phoenixville Federal Bank & Trust remains committed to improving the quality of life in the communities we proudly serve.
- James S. Lorah, Chairman of the Board
- Richard A. Kunsch, Sr., Vice Chairman
- P. Douglas Darlington, President / Chief Executive Officer
- John A. Carrozza, CPA, Executive Vice President / Chief Financial Officer
- Charles N. Benz, Senior Vice President / Chief Retail Banking Officer / Security Officer
- Allen R. Kramer, Senior Vice President / Chief Lending Officer / Retail Lending, NMLS ID#493972
- Roger Kropp, Senior Vice President / Chief Information Officer
- Kurt A. Kunsch, Senior Vice President / Trust Managing Director
- Steven T. Pratt, Senior Vice President / Chief Lending Officer / Commercial Lending, NMLS ID#422033
- Franklin C. Rothenberger, Senior Vice President / Chief Credit Officer, NMLS ID#1477405
- Karen A. Adamson, Vice President / Accounting / Treasurer
- Karen J. Muscatell, Executive Secretary / Human Resources Officer
- Jules K. DeLuzio, Vice President / Commercial Relationship Manager, NMLS ID#782998
- Brian DePolis, Vice President / Commercial Relationship Manager, NMLS ID#1849735
- Patricia K. Hardy, Vice President / Compliance Officer / BSA Officer / Assistant Secretary
- Stephanie McFarlane, Vice President / Commercial Relationship Manager, NMLS ID#749352
- Jennifer Schell, Vice President / Commercial Relationship Manager, NMLS ID#984613
- Deborah Sparks-Bollig, Vice President / Retail Lending Manager, NMLS ID#422017
- Donna Ziev, Vice President / Trust Officer
- Brian Dries, Assistant Vice President / Sr. Commercial Credit Underwriter, NMLS ID#1477820
- Amy Foy, Assistant Vice President / Loan Servicing Manager
- Matthew Johnson, Assistant Vice President / Marketing
- Mary Ann Kern, Assistant Vice President / Information Technology Specialist
- Heather Kokonos, Assistant Vice President/Deposit Ops / EBanking Technology Manager
- William Major, Assistant Vice President / Portfolio Manager, NMLS ID#649820
- Candis Peto, Assistant Vice President / Compliance Specialist
- Jane Black, Assistant Treasurer / Royersford Office Manager
- Kathy Clark, Assistant Treasurer / Collegeville Office Manager
- Cathleen Kabakci, Assistant Treasurer / Limerick Office Manager
- Elizabeth Mastrangelo, Assistant Treasurer / Phoenixville Office Manager
- Marilyn Reich, Assistant Treasurer / Kimberton Office Manager
Board of Trustees
- James S. Lorah
- Richard A. Kunsch, Sr.
- P. Douglas Darlington
- Carl A. LaMastra
- James G. Reading
- Robert M. Romain
- Jay R. Schaeffer
- James J. Clarke (Consultant to the Board of Trustees)